Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time to get in shape

Today is the day I take control of my life. Erik left today for an indefinite amount of time. Could be 2 months, could be 12. We're expecting about 5-6 months, but that remains to be seen.

The past week has been long and tiring. I left last Sunday to take the girls to my mom's house for the week. My sister had a beautiful baby boy, James Kyle Roy, on Monday, July 26th, at 10:07pm via c-section. He's perfect (even for a boy!). I left Tuesday afternoon to drive back to Iowa. Worked Wednesday and Thursday morning, went home slept, worked Thursday overnight, went home slept, worked Friday evening, went home slept, got up and drove to Kansas City again to pick the girls up. I stayed at my mom's last night and this morning we were out the door by 9:45 am (pretty early departure time for us). We raced home so that Erik and the girls could spend time together one more time before he left.

After getting Erik all packed up we all said our goodbyes, with a big ol' group hug (at Addie's demand). Watching him pull away was sad and I think I could've fallen into sadness pretty easily, but I've got a lot to do to prepare for the girls' first day at daycare tomorrow.

I did, however, make time for my first day of exercising. I'm making a change and it's starting today. I want to get in better shape, not lose control of my body, and feel better about myself. I think that having Erik gone is a great time to do this. It will be hard, but man what a surprise it will be to look good and feel great when he returns to us. I'm hoping to keep this us and I'm depending on my friends and family to keep me going. At work I'm considering telling everyone to yell at me if they see me eating junk food. At home, I'm going to ask my mom ask if I've worked out each day.

I just did my first set of Jillian Micheals' 30 Day Shred and oh man did it kick my ass! I can do that everyday. 20 minutes is not that hard to fit in (even while yelling at the kids and the dog and the cat to stop fighting with one another).

Today's the day I start fresh. Here's to hoping I stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment