Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

One week down

Well we've officially survived the first week. Although it has been one hell of a week (for me), I think we'll be able to manage this for a while. I worked the overnight schedule again on Thursday into Friday morning. Stayed awake for about 25 hours straight and didn't screw anything up majorly. Success! Picked up the girls from the daycare around 3:30pm and we had a pretty good evening.

We had to run to the grocery store for dinner stuff. Unfortunately I didn't make a menu or list, so I've got a whole counter full of snack foods and junk, instead of whole meals and good foods. Actually we got a ton of fruit so that's got to be good right? Adalia and Bethany were both awesome helpers in the store, choosing items and putting them in the basket. Good girls = balloons, so we all left happy.

I had to go back into work around 7pm and my two little helpers went with me. They helped me make a few bags of ice (riding on the bottom of the cart), sweep up some trash (yell and point out dirt to me), and change the gas price signs (carry the numbers and clap for me). It's weird taking them in with me in this sort of situation, but truly I don't know what else to do. I have no one here that can help out in the evenings. I figure as long as they are happy and enjoying it, I'm ok with doing it. Usually I'll just pile some paper and pens on a box and let them make artwork while I do what I need. Every time Bethany goes to the store, she immediately runs in and heads straight to the check stand to pull out coin tubes. The people of Boone will just have to learn to love my kiddos as much as I do, as I'm sure they'll see the three of us in there a lot!

I'm thinking of getting some pictures of the girls soon. It's been over a year and I'd like some new ones. As always I'll have to see if I can find some coordinating outfits. I'm trying to decide if I want to go the matching way or just the coordinating way.

Here's to the next day and a half of doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment