Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Things Are Changing

Erik got a new job working nights to help out with money until the railroad can hire him back full-time. We're both very happy about the extra income as it is getting pretty tight around here, but I'm so apprehensive about the changes. I'm worried how the girls will hold up to the changes in schedules and if daddy will be ok during the daytimes after having worked all night. But we've got to do what we've got to do.

Bethany is already feeling the changes around here. For the most part, Erik has been the head honcho when it comes to Bethy raising over the past few months because he just spends so much more time with her and knows her routines better. But now that I'll be dealing with her more in the evenings, her bedtime routine is getting revamped. No more of this rocking to sleep, and no more of this still being swaddled. I'm sure it will happen now and again, but tonight she was put to bed awake. I checked on her a few times, laid her back down when she was standing and she fussed herself to sleep. I hope we can do it that easily every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment