Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Learning to Poop

Who would've thunk that you actually have to teach some kids to get over the fear of pooping in the toilet? But apparently you do.

Addie has been potty training pretty successfully for the past 6-7 days now. She is not having too many accidents now and when she does it's almost always because I forget to remind her when she's watching a movie. The first few days went pretty well (from my view point at least, Erik may have a totally different perspective) and she is now actually telling me she needs to go sometimes, which is great. But for those first few days she didn't know how to poop on the toilet it seems. I almost thought we'd have to buy more diapers just to get her to go, but she finally did it and was awarded with some big high fives and lots of praise.

I know you guys are all very stoked to read about my kid's bowel movements, but hey this is big news in the ol' Merryman household. We're really happy that she's finally getting out of diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment