Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mini-Vacation

Well this seems to be the only vacation we'll be taking this year with the current state of the Merryman economy, i.e. our bank account.

Last week my mom came to our house and when she left she took Addie with her to Kansas City. She's been at her house for the past week and we're finally going to pick her up this week.

After a little bit of procrastination (see previous post) we finally got on the road. We wanted to make it into town by 4:00pm in order to rest up a bit before going to meet Erik's sister, Marissa, at his Aunt Debbie's house. The traveling down to KC went pretty well, probably because I spent most of it in the backseat with Bethy. I know she gets so bored back there without Addie in the car too. I'm not sure how I ever did this 4 hour drive with Addie alone before.. lots of creative singing and distracting with toys I suppose.

Dinner at Debbie's house was really good. She made the famous Walter family Lentil Soup, which I actually liked this time around! Go figure, I've actually developed mature taste buds after how many years? The girls were pretty well-behaved and it seemed to go smoothly. Meeting Marissa's (boy)friend, Ben, was nice too. (Thanks for letting us know he's your boyfriend, btw!! lol) I'm really happy that Marissa and Debbie finally were able to meet their nieces. And Marissa got schooled on lightning bug catching by Addie, which was a treat! I hope they enjoyed the evening as much as we did. Too bad bedtime comes early for little ones!

1 comment:

  1. haha, sorry I guess I just assumed you knew! I mean, I'm not driving cross country with just any boy!

    It was really great to see you guys and the girl. I told mom that we need to find a way to visit more!

    ReplyDelete