Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Friday.. for me at least

Finally, another week of work is done. Thank goodness. I hate to admit it but I think the powerball gods have forsaken me. I've yet to win any money,(actually I've not won even a free ticket in forever), and I see no end in sight to me working. Gah!

Tomorrow should be a big day. Addie will finally get to play in her sand, and hopefully I'll have some visitors! We'll see though. It's only supposed to be about 94 degrees here tomorrow, let's just hope the A/C doesn't konk out on us again like it did a few days ago..... yes I'll admit, I am addicted to the A/C this year. Normally I wouldn't even have turned it on by now, but somebody had to go and have really bad allergies this year. That somebody won't go to a doctor and get any meds, so instead we all clustered into our house and shut out the world, and the allergies.

Adalia spent the evening trying to figure out how to put hair ties into her own hair. When asked several times if she'd like some assistance she answered with the now all-to-familiar "no, my do it, my help you" (Addie translation: "No, mother. I believe I can do this on my own. I will not need your assistance at this moment as I believe I am all the help I will need in all of my endeavours.)

Bethy and Addie also played on Beth's new cardboard box... yes, a cardboard box. What can I say, my kids are easily amused and a copy paper box can last them for weeks of fun. Addie would stand on one side with some toys and then yell or scream something at Beth, who would then scream back at her and laugh like no other. She also took this opportunity to show us all again that she can now stand on her own, holding onto nothing. Man what am I going to do with two of them running around here? Nevermind, who am I kidding? I can't wait for her to walk, just as I couldn't wait for her to crawl. I love it!

Erik's Father's Day was pretty bleh. I had to work yesterday and today so I never got out to get anything and didn't want to bake anything last night. But little does he know that he'll be getting a gift from the girls later this week! muahahaha (I'm so sneaky.. just hope he doesn't read the blog for a while lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment