Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I love summer..

I love summer, I love summer, I love summer.. This is my new mantra. I want to keep reminding myself that I would much rather it be hot and miserable than cold and miserable. I mean really.. I remember just 5 short months ago it was about -20 degrees with a windchill hovering around -37 or something. And in only 5 more short months it will probably be -20 degrees again. (Man I dislike Iowa. See how nicely I said that?)

It's been really quiet here in the house without Addie's constant chatter. I know Bethany is living it up being the sole center of attention. I think it's good for her to get some alone time with mom and dad. She's really starting to babble more and more each day and we've been focusing on repeating the basics to her. It's so cute because everytime she sees the cat she starts going "ssssssss". So I should count that as her first word... or at least a valiant attempt at a word.

Watching Bethy today I couldn't help but think of how darn cute she is. I know I'm so biased, but dang watching this itty-bitty little girl stand up and cruise around the living room, only stopping to smile up at you when you catch her eye... It's sooo freaking adorable. (The empty mouth except those two viscious fangs on her bottom row is pretty cute too.)

I think I'm going to take Beth swimming for the first time tomorrow at the Y. I've taken Addie a few times, but now that I don't have to hold two of them, (more like drown two of them), I'm hoping Beth will enjoy the experience. I'm a bit concerned with the amount of chlorine in the indoor pool, but it seemed to be ok the other times I've gone. If she really likes the water, we'll definately be making a trip to the outdoor pool in the next week or two when Addie is home.

Let me backpedal a bit here.. I know I said it's nice and quiet without Adalia around, but man I miss her. Sometimes I think it's actually getting harder to leave her the older she gets. Shouldn't it be the other way around? She's just so special to me and I miss having her around. Her personality is really shining lately and she can actually hold conversations with you. How fun! I'm sure the time will pass by fast enough and she'll be mad at me for making her come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment