Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Finally Out of Bed

Adalia has finally learned to climb out of the bed on her own at the ripe old age of 2 years and 5 months old. For the longest time I have been trying to coax her out of her crib. At first I lowered her side bar completely, showed her how to climb out and use a little chair to get down. Then I removed the sidebar completely and replaced it with one of those mesh safety rails (she still flops a bit while sleeping). There is a space between her headboard and the railing that she uses to get in and out of bed when I'm there, but she refuses to use it any other time.

I tell her frequently that it's ok to get out of bed or to come into mommy's room to get me, but instead she'll simply stay in bed and call for me or just talk back and forth with Bethany, who's in her own crib.

Well today I came home from work to find Addie out of bed and playing with Beth. She was passing her toys through the railings and just playing away. Bethany was giggling at everything she did.

So we can finally say that Addie can get out of bed on her own, although I doubt she'll start doing it each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment