Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Be Patient

I have to say that I'm pretty stoked lately as it seems that some of our parenting is finally sinking in with Addie. I'm sure there's been a lot that's actually sank in, but to have her give us blatant examples is pretty reassuring that we must be doing something right.

Lately Adalia has taken to telling Bethany "Beeeeee patient, Baby Bethany". While in the car riding places if Bethany starts to get cranky or even just plain ol' chatty, Addie will kindly inform her that she must be patient. Each time Beth opens her mouth to speak Addie counters with another "Baby Bethany, no talking. Be patient." Pretty much Bethany is not allowed to talk without being scolded and told that she must be patient. I'm not sure why Addie thinks that being patient means being quiet, but it probably has to do something with her being told to stop crying and waiting whenever she "needs" something right now!

It's also nice when Addie actually puts this saying into practice herself. The other day I actually told her to be patient as I was in the middle of cooking some food. I explained to her what I was doing, how long it would take, and how once I was finished I would then get her a cup of milk. She repeated the saying back to me again and patiently sat there waiting. When I was finished she told me all about how she was patient! Awesome!!! A 2 year old learning the value of patience. Amazing. I'm sure it will fly out the door as soon quickly as it came in, but for right now it's just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment