Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cuddlerific

Tonight Addie and I spent some much needed cuddle time on my bed after Bethany was asleep. I think they've both been needing a little more face time than I've been giving them and I need to fix that. We laid on my bed all cuddled under the blankets just talking. It's so wonderful to finally be at that point when your child can actually carry on conversations with you. Granted, they are still pretty hectic, and filled with a lot of repeating each other, but it's amazing to ask her what she wants to do tomorrow and get an answer: "Go downstairs and watch Mickey Mouse." hahaha

I just think it's so cool when you step back and think about it. Of course she's a brilliant kid (who's kid isn't?), but some of the things we take for granted as adults are just so freaking awesome to witness in children. Like the fact that she now understands the concept of time. Tomorrow follows today; it will start when I wake up in the morning. Or how she can remember the activities of not only today, but days, weeks, even months ago. (If I have to hear about Uncle James' animals from 3 months ago one more time..)

Watching her make a decision as simple as picking out a movie is terrific too. It's not just a movie.. it's a choice.. her choice. Something she tries everyday to establish, her independence, is just thrust upon her every evening before her movie time. You can watch her relish the moment as she walks back and forth eying the 10 or so DVDs laid out for her approval. Beaming, she'll pick a movie and remind me that she also learned a new phrase recently.. "Addie made good decision". That you did there kiddo, that you did, Peter Pan is an excellent decision.

2 comments:

  1. I think you might be the best mom in the world . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I love and relish in those moments as well. And I agree, you rock as a mom. Your girls are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete