Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

That makes me so sad...

I assume I should be happy that my nearly 3 year old child is learning to express her feelings verbally instead of with screaming and crying, but hearing your child tell you several times a day "That makes me so sad" gets a bit old. Not to mention the times she now tells us that she does not love us when she's mad. No cookies for lunch? That makes her so sad. No sitting on the back of the couch? That makes her so sad. No sitting on my lap while I type on the computer? That makes her so sad.

Addie's way of describing not only feelings but everyday happenings is pretty cute though. When the sun comes up it's "happy outside". When she needs to brush her teeth "her teeth are so sad". When she gets a mint or altoid her "mouth is pretty". When it's foggy outside it's "very, very foggy outside". Ok that last one was not anything cute, but the way she says it is!

Bethany, on the other hand, is learning to vocalize her wants and needs and things she finds in the house too. Although most things she says comes out sounding like "ssssssss" or "shssshhh" it amazingly works out pretty well for her. She can get across "cat" "cheese" "this" "ears" "eyes" and "hair" all with some variation of the "ssss" sounds she makes. It's not really talking, but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment