Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

All Alone Again

Welp, here we are, just the girls and I. Erik is gone for the second week to Mason City for work. Bethy, Addie, and I are managing mostly ok, although I had hoped to transform into some sort of super mommy during the past week that was able to not only work full-time, but have a spic&span clean house, spend oodles of time with my girls, and have lots of left over time to do crafts or catch up on shows. For some reason that didn't work out though, I'm not sure why....

Erik was able to come home from MC this weekend which was nice. He helped me get on top of the housework finally, gave me time to get the grass cut one last time, and we were able to hang out some and watch the Chiefs lose.. again.

Tonight he took off and I'm feeling pretty sad right now. It's not like we've not done this a bazillion times in our lives.. first the Marine Corp, then college, then the new job, then the pregnancy, now the job again. We won't be seeing him again for about 2 weeks this time as we're heading down to KC for Addie's appointment at Children's Mercy this coming week. It's only two weeks, and I'm grateful that it's not more, but man I'm pretty depressed. When will we ever get to lead a "normal" life? Never. Even when it all settles down and I no longer have to work, we'll still be playing the every other day game with him gone on the railroad. It's a choice we've made and we'll deal, but please excuse me this one complaint tonight.

Addie has been enjoying sleeping in my bed.. well at least falling asleep in my bed when daddy's gone. I will admit, I really enjoy it too. She is just so nice to cuddle up to nowadays. It fills my heart with warmth and happiness to just look at her and chat with her there. Her latest word/sentence fad? "Cut it out". While I'm tickling her she'll say "Cut it out mommy." It's the cutest thing. Doh, speaking of.. there she is not sleeping. Off to rescue her.

No comments:

Post a Comment